Lead Scotland has been chosen by Newbattle Abbey College to deliver these new Awards and we have places to offer learners or volunteers.
We know that some learners and volunteers would like to gain credit for their learning and skills.
Gaining credit can help when it comes to looking for more learning, looking for work or a change of job. It will also feel good when you achieve it!
There are 3 levels of Adult Achievement Award, depending on the evidence that you provide (SCQF level 3, 4 and 6).
What would I need to do?
• You should have been involved in learning in the past year.
• You will build a portfolio which shows how you meet learning outcomes, e.g.:
• What you have been learning and the steps along the way
• Evidence that you have learned and how you are using you learning
• Take a step back and reflect on your learning
• How you are planning your next steps
How long will it take?
You can go at your own pace. Here are some rough timings.
• At SCQF Level 3: it will roughly take about 30 hours (that includes all activities) and you will write/speak about 750 words
• At SCQF Level 4: it will roughly take about 40 hours (that includes all activities) and you will write/speak about 1000 words
• At SCQF Level 6: it will roughly take about 60 hours (that includes all activities) and you will write/speak about 1500 words